One of my friends introduced me to a website called Your Homebased Mom and wanted me to try making the Snickerdoodle Muffins. I was not excited to make them. I have only made Snickerdoodle cookies once in my life and that was because I was forced to, and they did not turn out too well.
I just didn’t grow up having Snickerdoodles, so I never developed a taste for them. I would much rather prefer having a warm, soft chocolate chip cookie than a Snickerdoodle.
But despite my opinions, I made the muffins.
Now, they are one of my favorite things to bake. They are fast, easy, and taste amazing.
2 cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp cream of tartar
1/3 tsp salt
½ cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla, blend well.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients, do not over mix.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffins tins or muffins cups.
6. Mix cinnamon and ½ cup sugar and spoon over tops of muffins.
7. Bake 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I first made these muffins in soufflé cups and then tried them in greased muffins tins. The soufflé cups made them soft the whole way through while the muffins tins gave them tougher sides but were easier to serve.