Key Lime Pies

I am done with finals and school for the year, so it should feel like summer, right?
         Wrong.  Mother Nature still likes to play tricks on me and bring snow at the end of April and working two jobs means 60-hour weeks.
         So to bring a little spark of summer into my life, I made these adorable little key lime pies, I found the recipe on the back of the Nellie and Joe’s Key West Lime Juice Bottle.
         Maybe I will set up a college girl lemonade stand and sell these and lemon cupcakes as a third job…

Graham Cracker Crusts:
1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3  cup sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
Key Lime Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs yolks
½ cup Nellie and Joe’s Lime Juice
1.     Preheat oven to 300 degrees and lightly grease two muffin tins (you probably won’t quite fill up two).
2.    In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together and then press into muffin tins.  Make sure it’s not too thick, and work it up the sides the best you can.
3.    Put the crusts in the oven for 4-6 minutes, or until they are crisp.
4.    Filling: Mix sweetened condensed milk, eggs yolks, and lime juice together using a whisk.
5.    Fill graham cracker crusts and bake at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until you can touch the filing and it doesn’t come off on your fingers (or until it just barely does).
6.   Let cool and top with whipped cream.

30 thoughts on “Key Lime Pies

Ruth says:

These look amazing! The crust looks so perfect but so fragile at the same time – just beautiful!

Jess says:

I agree with Ruth, the crust on these pies look amazing. I love how you can see the little granules of sugar, too. Lovely!

maria elena says:

Delicioase!

Sinful Sundays says:

Oh! These look delicious! I could eat at least 4. At LEAST.

SJ says:

Lizzy, these look delicious! I am def going to try these ASAP!

Han Tan says:

I'm bringing these to an end-of-the-semester party (at a professor's house)! So excited! Maybe they'll help boost my grade!

Star from Star's Flour Power says:

Oh my. I'm supposed to be packing for our Disneyland trip tomorrow…..but I believe I will be otherwise occupied! Brilliant Lizzy!

Erin says:

I made these over the weekend, as well as the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcakes.
    I love this website — after these two successful (criminally delicious) attempts with your recipes, I am hooked.
    Going to try the peanut butter rice krispy treats this week, though I am sure they will be amazing, too.

These pies were out of this world, though. All I did differently was add an extra tablespoon of butter to the crust.

Thanks so much! I’ll be frequenting your site often.

Sarah says:

Hi, just wondering what size the can of milk is? Thanks!

Lorena says:

Can’t wait to make these for Mother’s Day. Do these come out of the muffin tin easily?

Lindsay says:

I live in Canada and have never heard of Nellie and Joe’s lime juice. Is there something else you suggest or is any kind of lime juice okay?

Bailey says:

oh my gosh those look soooo good!! i love how they’re individual sized too!!! YUM!!!

Nana says:

Can I use mini muffin pan?

Aurelia says:

This looks amazing! Wonderful combo of colour and texture!

Teresa says:

I have made these several times and they have been a big hit! I would like to make a whole pie of it. Do you have any suggestions for cooking times? Will the amount in this recipe fill a whole pie? Thanks for sharing-it’s definitely a keeper!

Rowland says:

This recipe looks great and plan on making soon. Quick question: how much condensed milk is used in the recipe?

amanda says:

I make a very similar key lime pie … but with a ginger snap cookie instead of graham cracker crust !! Spicy.
    Wondering if you think it would work to take just the ginger snap cookie .. put it in a paper cupcake liner … as the crust … then the mix on top ?
    Any suggestions ??

Katy says:

Can these be made the night before serving (for a luncheon) and refrigerated? Can’t wait to try them!

[…] pie  //  7. sweet cherry pie  //  8. mini berry peach pies  //  9. mini key lime pies  //  10. frozen raspberry pie  //  11. summer fruit tart  //  12. […]

Priscilla says:

I made these for my boyfriend’s “Caribbean” themed potluck. He did not go to the potluck, partly because he did not want to share these with anyone… We ended up eating all 12 that I made:/

Super easy to make and super delicious! I recommend using cupcake liners though and next time I think I will cut back on the sugar in the crust.

Dianna says:

Can you please tell me what the little green sprinkles on top are?