Butterfinger Cupcakes

I made a Butterfinger Cupcake about a year ago and they were AMAZING.  But my photos were…not so great back then, so I decided I needed to update them.  And now it’s perfect time with the Halloween season kicking into high gear.  So maybe you can sneak a few Butterfingers from your kid’s Trick-or-Treat bag and whip up these babies. [end-story]

Butterfinger Cupcakes

2 regular sized Butterfingers
3/4 C. butter, softened
1/4 C. creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
Extra butterfingers to top

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Frosting: Start by prepping your Butterfingers. Unwrap them and zap them in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Then use a knife to scrape off the chocolate layer. Take the orange insides and crush them using a food processor or placing them in a plastic bag and rolling over them with a rolling pin. Put them through a sifter so that you only use the smallest "powder" that goes through.(It's okay if not all of the butterfingers pieces go through, you can save them and use them as sprinkles at the end.)
7. Place the Butterfinger "powder" aside and continue with your frosting. Beat butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer. Add vanilla and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add your Butterfinger "powder." If it becomes too thick, add 1 Tbsp milk.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with pieces of Butterfinges.

15 thoughts on “Butterfinger Cupcakes

Carissa says:

After making your Snickers Cupcakes yesterday I was thinking I should make butterfinger next! Im so glad you posted this! Looks amazing!

Emma says:

i love butterfinger!! it’s one of my favorite candy bars…and i love cupcakes so naturally they belong together. i can’t wait to try them!

I love the butterfinger frosting! Butterfingers are my favorite candy bar ever. I feel like I could eat this frosting with a spoon. I must remake it! I can’t wait. :)

Danelle says:

My son’s favorite candy bar! Can’t wait to make these for him.

Melissa says:

I made these cupcakes today and they are amazing!

Becky says:

I love Butterfingers and these look delicious :-)

Brooke says:

These taste almost exactly like the Snickers cupcakes you made. In a real butterfingers bar, it’s mostly orange crunchy stuff, not chocolate, but in these cupcakes, the cake is chocolate and there is a little bit of real butterfingers in the frosting but it is overwhelmed by the peanut butter. Any ideas how to make taste more like the real thing?

Butlerl says:

My son loves Butterfinger candy bars so I am sure he will love your cupcakes.

jenna says:

did you guys really sift the cake mix? seems odd…..

Nicki says:

I made these for a friend of mine, big hit. I put a bite size Butterfinger in each cupcake (helps to freeze them first so they don’t get scorched). I also used 3cups of powdered sugar with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of whipping cream in the frosting, made it fluffier.

momx5 says:

You totally ROCK! Making these tomorrow for my sweet 12 yr old! Just know they will be great!

jnestor says:

These were possibly one of the best recipes for cupcakes I have ever used! Awesome!

Eden says:

Why does the recipe say 3/4 cup powder sugar twice?

Hello friends, its wonderful post about cultureand entirely defined,
    keep it up all the time.