Oh. My. These cookies are amazing! First of all, they only take 5 ingredients to make and I used peanut butter chocolate hearts so these are like Valentine peanut butter s’more cookies! But because of the way they look I named them Melt Your Heart Marshmallow Cookies! When you put the chocolate heart on the toasted marshmallow it starts to melt and magic happens! Cupid would be very proud.
A big thank you to Pillsbury for inspiring and sponsoring this cookie recipe! I love their new Purely Simple line that uses no artificial flavors or preservatives! And all their mixes are interchangeable with any of my cake mix recipes!
Look at that melting! I used the Reese’s hearts that are filled with peanut butter but you can use the classic Dove hearts or even the ones with crunchy pieces inside! The peanut butter just sounded delicious to me!
The cookie part of these are like brownies, they’re so fudgey and gooey. Add in the marshmallow and you won’t know what to do with yourself you’ll think you’re in heaven.
As I said before, these only take 5 ingredients to make!
Here’s a few step by step photos for you! These cookies really are easy to make, the only tricky part is broiling the marshmallows. Make sure you watch them in the oven because they go from perfectly toasted to burnt in a few seconds. Also, when you pull them out, they still may be quite tall, but as they cool they will sink down flatter. So don’t stress about how tall they might be! (I set my oven to broil somewhere between 350-450 degrees. And my cookies were about 6-8 inches below the coil.)
Melt Your Heart Marshmallow Cookies for Valentine’s Day will make your valentine fall in love with you all over again or will get you a valentine! They’re that good 🙂
Melt your Heart Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 box Pillsbury© Purely Simple Cake Mix Or Devil's Food
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil or melted butter
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half with scissors
- 24 chocolate hearts I used peanut butter hearts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil.
3. Make dough balls about the size of a tablespoon and place on cookie sheets 2 inches between each one.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
5. Top you cookies with marshmallows that have been cut in half, cut side down.
6. Set the oven to BROIL and place the marshmallow topped cookies into the oven. WATCH your cookies because they're only need 1-2 minutes until they're toasted.
7. Press chocolate hearts into toasted marshmallows and serve!
You can wait to toast the marshmallows in the oven until ready to serve or do it before hand. The marshmallows still stay soft in the middle and gooey if you make them a few hours before!
Leave a comment