Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

Looking for a fast way to crush your candy canes?  Don’t have a food processor?  Use the blender!  But I warn you…make sure the “On” switch isn’t flipped when your candies are in, the lid is off and you plug the blender in.  It makes for a pepperminty explosion in the kitchen.[end-story]

Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

Yield: 15 truffles

Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1 C. milk chocolate chips, melted
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/3 C. crushed candy canes

1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, careful to not burn them!
3. Add chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
6. How easy was that?!

Notes

Roll your truffles in crushed candy canes the day you plan to serve them. The candy canes slowly absorb the moisture from the chocolate and can become sticky.

Process photos from my White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

26 thoughts on “Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

Wow, these look seriously amazing!!

Jenny says:

Will totally be making these for my family holiday parties this year, they look awesome!!!

Stasia says:

These look delish and super easy! I’m going to try these asap!! Thank you Lizzy!

Karla says:

In the first picture, the crushed candy canes look like they’re stuck to regular chocolate (the balls are dark brown). In the other pictures, the crushed candy canes look like they’re stuck to white chocolate (the balls are off-white). Why do they look different in the two photos?
    Thanks!

Zaynub says:

This look awesome! I will certainly be making these and the white chocolate ones soon (just wondering, which one do you like better? :) )
    One question though. what size is your scoop that you use? I have a 1 tbs. scoop. would that size be ok? Thanks!

These are gorgeous!! You have great recipes and beautiful photography!!

Michele says:

How many truffles to you get from this recipe?

Natalia says:

These were AMAZING ans SO easy! Thanks so much! I cant wait to try more yummy treats!

Diane Bellert says:

I would love to win the KitchenAid Mixer because thanks to you I have become addicted to making cupcakes. I bring them to work, my daughter’s dorm, dinners……Every week I get your email with a new flavor and I have to make it! So I think with Christmas in a few weeks the first cupcake I would make in the mixer would be the Peppermint Bark Cupcakes for Christmas Eve!

Kitti says:

Your note says to roll the truffles in crushed candy canes the day of serving. Does that mean roll them again in the crushed candy canes, or wait to roll them in the first place?
    Thanks so much – can’t wait to try them!

Angie Fanset says:

I am also wondering about storing and rolling the truffles. I am making them today (Thursday) but not serving until Saturday. Can I leave the mixture in the fridge until Saturday morning and then make into truffles, or should I roll them into balls today and refrigerate them Saturday?

Loren roscoe says:

What if I want to give this as a “gift”? What’s the best way to prep, store and give? Thanks.

Ashley says:

I made these tonight and they’re delicious. Kind of messy, but definitely yummy!

Rahel says:

Lizzy, may 1C. powdered sugar replaced with 1 C. meses ceres? because my grandmother had diabetes

Janet says:

These would be just as good with dark chocolate chips, wouldn’t they?

DIANNE bentz says:

Will the canes damage the blender? I heard they can scratch the plastic of a food processor; wondering if they dull the blender blades too? Thanks, Dianne

Emma Purple says:

How long do these truffles last for? Can I make them a week before I give them as Crimbo presents?