Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with creamy Nutella frosting. I just couldn’t help myself after making those incredible Pumpkin Nutella Muffins last week! I added some fun sprinkles to really kick up the Halloween feel! I’ve got a bunch of fun spooky recipes come to the blog soon, are you ready?
My mother walked in and I was on the couch with a jar of Nutella, a spoon, and a rather sad face.
Here’s the problem with burning something in the oven: The smell fills the entire house. It’s just a reminder all day long of my stupidity. But it wasn’t even my fault! It was my silly old oven that can’t handle baking 2 loaves of bread at the same time. It just can’t get the oven hot enough with that much batter in the oven. Lame. So lame.
So I turned to the open jar of Nutella.
Pumpkin Nutella Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 C. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. milk
- 1 C. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 1/2 C. Nutella
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
- 2-3 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners or grease your muffin tins.
2. Combine all dry ingredients and then all the remaining ingredients. (Instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger you can use pumpkin pie spice!)
3. Stir just until combined and then fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes clean.
5. Let cool.
6. Nutella Frosting: Beat butter and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and 2 Tbsp. milk, beat again. Slowly add in powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk to keep frosting from getting too thick.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles!
Open jars of Nutella are dangerous in my house.