Fall is here and with that brings bright leaves, boots and football! These chocolate Easy Football Cupcakes are perfect for game day, a decorating party or to make for the team! I also partnered with Pillsbury to take the “Embrace Your Inner Doughboy Challenge!” The photos from the challenge are just too cute!
These Football Cupcakes were so easy to make, I just had to make a video to show you how simple! The cake mix, which can be swapped out for the Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Cake Mix, makes this recipe even easier! Plus, I made both colored frostings at the same time by being a little sneaky 🙂 You’ll have to read the recipe for that trick!
You can make the liners the color of your favorite team or just use green ones to make them look like a grass field. And for the the white piping, you can just use a small plastic bag and snip off the top!
Okay, now to this Embrace Your Inner Doughboy Challenge! I love what Pillsbury stands for, they’re so family oriented and they know the importance of quality family time. So, their challenge is a night without technology (except a camera). Teens are always on their phones (and everyone older than teens) and even middle schoolers seem attached to tablets sometimes. So this challenge was great! I got together with my cousin’s kids who live just down the street and told them we were going to decorate cupcakes! Usually I just drop cupcakes off for them but this time they got to dig in and have fun making them!
I brought over the baked cupcakes, some frosting and lots of fun candy to decorate! How cute are those gummy sharks?!
We decorated outside to enjoy the last of this gorgeous summer weather and I also wanted to not stress about cleanup! Their frosting skills were a little messy…
Part of the challenge is to document the family fun, and you know I loved that!
I even let their dad snap a few pics of me with the kiddos but I do much better behind the camera 🙂
The kids were so excited about the Funfetti frosting!
And of course getting to eat the cupcakes was a highlight!
How adorable is she!?
They just stacked up their cupcakes with candy! But don’t worry, I only let them have a bite before dinner!
Our night being technology free was a blast! And after our cupcake decorating we bounced on the trampoline to burn off some of the sugar! And the kids loved the photos and seeing themselves eat their masterpieces.
My cupcake by one of the boys’… He definitely had more creativity than me.
Easy Football Cupcakes
- CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1 Box Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1 C. milk
- 1 C. butter room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2-2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners. I used green for a grass field look, but you can use your team colors!
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and milk and stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. FROSTINGS: Beat butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth. Remove about 1/4 cup to keep as your "white" frosting for the football threads. Continue to add milk and cocoa powder for your "brown" football frosting.
4. Watch video above to see how to pipe frosting!
Leave a comment