Chocolate Mint Chip Oreos combine two of my big loves–mint and homemade Oreos. And they’re made with a cake mix so they’re always easy and always dangerously just a few minutes away 🙂
When you’re 6-years-old, you don’t have much to fight over with your friends. Who gets to play which Power Ranger, monkey bars or hop-scotch and the ultimate question: Does the green mint ice cream taste better than the white mint ice cream?
Green is always better.
Mint Chip Oreos
- 1 box devil's food cake mix I prefer Pillsbury
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Mint Chip Filling:
- 1/4 C. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2-3 C. powdered sugar
- green food dye optional
- 1/2 C. chocolate chips chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and brown sugar until smooth. Batter will be thick.
3. Make dough balls roughly the size of walnuts and place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes depending on how brownie-like or cake-like you want them.
4. Let cool.
5. Mint Chip Filling: Beat butter and cream cheese together. Add peppermint extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired thickness. Add in as much green food dye as you want! Fold in chopped chocolate chips.
6. Frosting the bottoms of half the cookies and place the untrusted cookies on top to create little "Oreos."
NOTE: I always chill my Oreos in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight, because I feel like they taste better cold. Give it a shot!