Pumpkin cupcakes that look like pumpkins! These adorable Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes are brought to life with some orange cupcake liners, orange frosting, Tootsie Rolls and Laffy Taffy! They’re prefect for a cupcake decorating party for kids or making for the neighbors!
I made a cookie version of these a few years ago and I couldn’t get over how adorable they were so I wanted to make a cupcake version! I discovered a few things making these in a different climate this time around…
Some step by step photos! I started out by plopping some frosting on top and using a small off-set spatula to frost all the way to the liner. I molded my Tootsie roll with my fingers to smooth in out and give it a little bend. But when it came to the Laffy Taffy I could just mold that too! When I made the cookie version in Oregon a few years ago I had to zap it int the microwave for a few seconds to make in pliable, but my house is still a little warm in this Utah weather so I didn’t need to heat it at all! I used a toothpick to put in some lines on the leaf and then twisted a little vine.
So fun and festive! Since you cover the cake, you could even make the cakes vanilla or chocolate if you wanted! Just make sure you use some good orange cupcake liners that will keep their color after you bake with them!
Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- CAKE MIX PUMPKIN CUPCAKES:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice or 2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg will work
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1/3 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- orange food coloring
- TOOTSIE ROLLS
- GREEN APPLE LAFFY TAFFYS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with orange cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add remaining cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full an bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Orange Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and 3 C. powdered sugar, Continue to add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency, add milk if it becomes too thick. Add as much orange food dye as needed.
6. Follow photos instructions. Frost cooled cupcakes all the way to the liner creating a rounded top. Gently mold your Tootsie Roll to look like a stem and push into the top of the frosting. Mold your Laffy Taffy into a leaf and vine and push into frosting!
Some more easy Halloween Cupcake ideas!