Sugar Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins

A lot of my friends have been decided to go insane.  By insane I mean not eat sugar.  So when I show up at night with a plate of cupcakes, all they do is whine and moan and ask me to make something they can eat.  One girl constantly asks me to tell her my cupcakes are sugar free, even when they’re not.
            So this recipe is for all the people who feel like they need a break from this sugary world.
Sugar Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins

¼  cup honey

½  cup Oil

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp pumpkin spice

1 cup grated carrots

1 cup crushed pineapple

¼ cup pineapple juice

1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.    Beat honey, oil and eggs together until well blended.  Add vanilla.
3.    Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together.
4.    Mix dry and wet ingredients together until blended.  Do not over mix.
5.    Fold in carrots, pineapple, and pineapple juice.
6.    Bake from 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

*You can add walnuts or pecans if desired.  Also, feel free to totally play around with the spices.  Since there is no sugar, the pineapple and the spices will be what you taste.  These muffins are sugar free, but extreemely moist.  I’m tempted to sneak some sugar into them next time…

19 thoughts on “Sugar Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins

Your Homebased Mom sent me and I'm so glad she did. The sugar-free pineapple carrot muffins are being made as we speak. THANK YOU for sharing!
    Ellen

Deborah (Stone) Reese says:

Your recipe sounds so easy and delicious! I have been making these with a box of yellow cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple. It is delicious! I can't wait to try yours without the box!

Deborah R. says:

My husband is diabetic and I would love to make these for him. Could I just substitute regular flour with wheat flour?

Becky says:

these are not totally sugar free because of the honey, though it is a natural sugar which is better than processed sugar its still sugar, you should be able to sub out the flour for wheat or gluten free flours though i have not tried them yet, if you look closely stores do sell sugar free honey again i have not tried it myself yet. my whole in law family are massive diabetics and am always looking for the “specialty” recipes, also my dogs are on wheat free grain free all natural diets and a lot of the things i make for them my kids feel the need to taste most of them they like…. what can i say kids lol

• Dyami says:

My family uses Agave or Xylol! Agave can be found in pretty much any store, Xylotol is typically found at a health food or co opp. They both have amazing flavor and are very easy to substitute without spiking any numbers!! I urge you to look them up! It’s a life changer:-)

Lizzy Mae says:

You can always substitute wheat for white, good luck!

SO glad to see your "sugar-free" does NOT include splenda, as so many recipes do!!

Can you tell me how many this makes? Also, do you use regular size muffin paper?

Lizzy Mae says:

It makes about 24 muffins, and yes regular cupcake liners work just fine. I made mine in souffle cups that were the same size.

katie says:

I made these today and they are LOVELY! the only change i made was 2 heaped tsp of cinnamon instead of the pumpkin spice as I didn’t have any and they are so so nice, you really don’t miss the sugar! this is definitely a keeper – thank you so much!! 🙂 also they rise really well, i got 20 large muffins out of the mixture and one VERY happy family 🙂

Kiera Conway says:

I am so chuffed i came across this recipe!
    Since i have been looking at your website, i have inherited obd,obsessive baking disorder!!! 😉
    Because of this, a few pounds have sneaked their way in. I have an event to attend in july so i want to be in shape. Will try this because it has no sugar! x

Now i know you’re not a scientist or someone who works out the energy in food etc, but could you give me a rough, brief estimate fo about how many calories there are in each muffin? I want to have maybe one or 2 a day without neglecting my ‘diet’!

Really appreciate it!
    Kiera x :p

basketpam says:

My dad is a disbetic so I”m always glad to come across a sugar-free recipe that I know will taste great.

TBerry says:

Do you think you could use apple sauce in place of the oil?

Wow, that’s ѡhat I was lօoking for, աhat a material! рresent Һere at
    tɦis blog, thanks admin of thiѕ website.

carleigh says:

these are super duper delicious! thank you for sharing. i made a couple of subs. i used wheat flour, my carrot and crushed pineapple was actually fresh pulp from my juicer (im always looking for ways to reuse the pulp from my juicing) and i used fresh pineapple juice. i made 2 batches, one in muffin tin and another i made as a loaf… i sprinkled the tops with chia seeds and hemp hearts… My husband thought this was the BEST ever recipe.. they came out SO SO moist and absolutely sweet enough with the fresh pineapple juice just popping out!!!

pebri says:

This is delicious but I think it looks less interesting
    May be added with jam and powdered cheese also cherries