I always see beautiful bar cookies and brownies and other cut treats online. But in my college apartment, I don’t have any good knives. So guess what, mine never turn out pretty. And it’s sort of hard to post with ugly photos, because I doubt anyone would take me seriously if my desserts looked bad. But, I made these cookie bars when I was home, with my mother’s sharp knives. Yay for grown-ups with good knives and food processors!
Almond Joy Cookie Bars
½ cup butter, melted
1 ½ cups crushed Oreos
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup almonds (slivered or sliced)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a 9 X 13 by cutting a piece of parchment to fit at the bottom and greasing the sides.
3. If your almonds are raw and not toasted, toast the almonds on a pan in the oven for about 5 minutes (I just stuck them in the oven while the oven preheated.)
4. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and crushed Oreos.
5. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and press firmly to create your crust.
6. Spread the chocolate chips and toasted almonds and then put the coconut over the top.
7. Open your can of sweetened condensed milk, give the can a stir, and pour evenly over your coconut.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
9. Let it rest in the pan for at least 30 minutes then cut!
Copyright © YourCupofCake