One of my favorite things is getting great photos of what I bake. Well oh my, how adorable are these?! I had waited and waited for these straws to arrive in the mail, I got the cute glass jar yesterday in anticipation and the malt balls just put them over the top![end-story]
Strawberry Malt Cupcakes
Vanilla Malt Cake:
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups malted milk powder
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Strawberry Malt Buttercream:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 3-4 large strawberries pureed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and malted milk powder and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
4. Add sugar and brown sugar to the oil mixture.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir until fully combined.
6. Fill liners 1/2 way and bake for 18-22 minutes or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl as needed. Add powdered sugar and malted milt powder. Slowly add strawberry puree. until the buttercream reaches your desired consistency. Add vanilla extract and let beat.
8. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with malt balls and colorful straws.