No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Alright, I have seen these bars EVERYWHERE.  People are obsessed with them because it only takes 6 ingredients and you don’t have to use an oven.  Well la…tee…dah…  Guess what?  I think the way everyone else has made them is sorta…ugly.  They make the peanut butter layer and then dump chocolate on top and call it done.  Come on!  Just add a few chopped up Reese’s cups, Reese’s Pieces or crunched Butterfingers to the top to make them more special! [end-story]

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Yield: 16-20

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Peanut Butter Layer:
1 C. butter
1 C. peanut butter, smooth
2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
2 C. graham cracker crumbs
2 C. powdered sugar
Chocolate Layer:
1 1/4 C. chocolate chips
1/4 C. peanut butter, smooth
Peanut Butter cups, Reese's Pieces, or Butterfingers chopped for decoration

1. On the stove top, melt butter and peanut butter together. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
2. Add in vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
3. Spread into a 9 X 9 or 9 X13 pan (I lined mine with parchment to help lift it out easily.
4. Chocolate Layer: Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in microwave in 20 second intervals until smooth.
5. Pour chocolate over peanut butter layer and shake pan to distribute evenly.
6. Wait for 5 or so minutes and then sprinkle your peanut butter cup (or other candy) on top of the chocolate.
7. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to let set.

Mini Reese's Cups in baking

Chop up Reeses Cups

Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar

38 thoughts on “No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Cathy Pedrick says:

Oh boy do these look amazing!!!! Can’t wait to try these out, I can tell you this, my son and the boys at the dorms are going to LOVE this!!!

ain’t nothin’ ugly about these babies! :)

Dianna says:

You have the talent!

Kiera Conway says:

These look so yummy!
    My sons are going on a camping trip next sunday and i think that these will be PERFECT for their lunchboxes!
    I just wanted to ask, how long can these last (in a fridge/without a fridge), before they are no longer suitable to eat?
    The journey to the camping site is quite a long way… and i would like to package some to give to relatives etc.
    please reply =D

Mary says:

Just in time for Mother’s Day Brunch! Thank you :)!!

I love the Reese’s minis and incorporating them into desserts!

Liz says:

I agree…yours look more pretty and delicious! :)

Heather says:

Well of course yours looks prettier. You are the queen of making a desert pretty. They look yummy, great job!

Trudie and Vallard Benincosa says:

Warning! Make sure you have milk on hand when you eat these!

Koren says:

This look delish. I’m from Australia and I’m not sure what graham crackers are? Do you know of an alternative?

Jamie says:

Made these last night and brought them into the office today. They were a huge hit! I would suggest to people that if you want dense coverage of the mini Reeses on top, use the 9×9 pan. I used a 9×13 and it was fine, but it doesn’t look like yours in the picture….or you can just use more than one bag of the mini Reeses! Either way, they received rave reviews from all. Thanks Lizzy!

jamie says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this look great and I cant wait to make them myself

[...] Sunday, the children and I will be making Matt his favorite treat of all time: No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. I’ve never added the recommended ‘decoration’ on top of the bars, but I might [...]

Gladis says:

Hey, I just made these and they were divine of course! Do you mind I put the recipe on my website? I did tweak the ingredients a bit, and can reference to your website if you like :)

Rashaina says:

My peanut butter part was kind if crumbly, any suggestions?

Eva J says:

I don’t have any Graham crackers……will it still work?

Lissa says:

O my gosh, these were awesome! My stove broke and I’m used to baking goodies 2-3 times a week. This recipe saved me, I bake to get rid of stress, so thank you. Just a question….i popped them in the fridge for about 20 minutes after doing the chocolate layer and then sprinkled the Reese’s and put it back in the fridge. They were on there overnight and when I cut them this morning, the bottom layer kept cracking in all different ways. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this?

Stephanie says:

They were left in the refrigerator too long. The recipe stated to place them in the frig for 20 minutes just to set. They were too cold. If you had left them at room temperature for a while they would have probably not cracked so much. Try that next time. Good luck!!

Alyssa Bush says:

I just wanted to say that these have been a huge hit at all the parties I have attended this summer being home from college. I actually added more chocolate chips and peanut butter for the top layer because it filled out better that way. But I love how easy this is! And if anyone is wondering about two cups of graham crackers is one individually wrapped package of graham crackers! :) thanks for sharing!

Stephanie says:

I made these bars 1 1/2 times the recipe and used a 9×13 pan. It was great. I wanted the bars to be thicker as in the 9×9 pan. I will certainly be making these again.

Your recipes are amazing. Keep them coming. Thanks for sharing with all of us. I’m sure everyone else appreciates it as much as I do. I catered for 25 years and had to retire due to a medical condition. I really miss it but still love to cook, especially bake. Thanks again!!!!!!!

rita says:

these were so good I can’t wait to have another one.

phoenix says:

I was looking for something similar to make for a peanut butter addict and just loved the way you have decorated it. Such a pleasing treat and so easy to make with items right in the pantry. Just a couple things to share with someone who might be trying this for the first time:
    - I used 250g of milk chocolate (since I didn’t have chocolate chips on hand) and it worked just as well.
    - being in saudi where graham crackers are a rare commodity I had to use digestive cookies. And I have tasted another version where they used rice crispys and it added a nice crunch too.
    - I used 1 cup of icing sugar and found it was just right.

Thanks for sharing and will definitely check back for other sweet ideas too!

britt says:

I was wondering- what size pan, 9×9 or 9×13, did you use for your pictures above??

I used an 8X8 but the recipe is for a larger pan, I just didn’t want to make a huge pan for myself or else I would eat it all. The only real difference is I used more pb cups on top to decorate!

Howdy! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for
    the great information you’ve got right here on this post. I’ll
    be coming back to your site for more soon.