Valentine’d Day tends to get a little girly with all the Red Velvet Cupcakes and other Red Velvet Treats but don’t forget about the men! These Maple Bacon Cupcakes are a perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Mornings can be rough. But when you wake up to the sun pouring in through the curtains and the smell of bacon in the air, it’s no too tough to get out from under the covers and head downstairs.
Because let’s face it… Bacon makes everything better.
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Vanilla Nutmeg Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- ¾ C milk
- ¾ C. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp. maple flavoring
Cooked Bacon to top (about 8-10 pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix and nutmeg into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Add cake mix and nutmeg and stir until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 17-22 minutes.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and add milk and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add maple flavoring, depending on what brand you use you will need a varying amount.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with bacon to give it a salty and crunchy taste.
These are from my first cookbook “Your Cup of Cake”
Grease Proof Cupcake Liners from Sweets & Treats Boutique