On the road again. Well, this time I guess flew. To Chicago of all places! I’m here in a suburb of the Windy City helping my elderly parents move (they called themselves “elderly” so I’m allowed to repeat their words). I could only take what I could pack in 2 suitcases, so I ended up with very few baking and photography things. Let’s see how I did…[end-story]
Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 C. butter softened
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 C. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
3. In a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Egg egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixer as needed.
5. Add mashed banana and slowly add in dry ingredients (flour, salt...) and oats. Don't over mix.
6. Stir in chocolate chips. (Add walnuts also if you want!)
7. Scoop out golf-ball sized dough balls and bake for 9-12 minutes or until the bottoms start to turn golden brown. Be careful not to over-bake!
8. Let cool and serve with milk!
My favorite cookies scoop (Vollrath Disher from Amazon)
My little photo set-up
My “back-drop” was just a piece of a cardboard box. I know, I’m really fancy 🙂