These Marshmallow Cookie Bars are insane! They’re almost too good to even share because I want to keep this secret all to myself! Do you know what a pizookie is? It’s a hot cookie right out of the oven (only 3/4 baked so it’s still gooey) served with a huge scoop of ice cream on top and it just melts over the big cookie. I love them! So when Pillsbury asked me to use their new Purely Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a dessert I wanted to make a campfire version of my favorite pizookie dessert. So the Marshmallow Cookie Bars were born! The layer of marshmallows in between the cookie dough is genius. You can serve these hot out of the oven with one cream in true pizookie fashion or you can let them cool al the way down and cut them into bars! I was snacking on the bars the day after I shot these and just couldn’t get enough 🙂
To really see how this dessert came together, check out this cute video! It’s only a minute long and it will sho you how I layered in the marshmallows between the cookie dough!
The greatest part about these cookie bars is that if you use the Pillsbury Purely Simple Cookie Mix you only have to add butter, eggs and the marshmallows! That’s it! The cookie mix doesn’t have any colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors– it’s just saving you the time and hassle of measuring out all the dry ingredients! So go for it!
Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- 2 boxes Purely Simple Cookie Mix or 1 box- just use a small loaf pan instead!
- 1 C. butter softened
- 2 eggs
- Marshmallows 1-2 cups
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a 9X9, 8X8, or circle pan by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper. (If you want to only only one box of cookie mix then use a small loaf pan!)
2. Combine cookie mix with butter and eggs (according to the box instructions.)
3. Use half of the dough to press into your prepared pan. Spread marshmallows over the top and then cover with the rest of the dough. See video!
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how well done you want your cookies!
5. Serve warm with ice cream or let cool for the perfect picnic treat!
Leave a comment