A few weeks ago I made cupcake for Pink Ballerina Party. Let’s just say, this 5-year-old girl was the cutest thing I had ever seen. When she saw the cupcakes she exclaimed “PRETTY!” And attacked me with a hug. Precious.
So obviously, her cupcakes needed to be all pink.
Pink Confetti Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pink jimmies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree
- 1 tablespoon strawberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes, scrape bowl as needed.
3. Add egg whites one at a time on low until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
5. Alternate adding buttermilk and the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture.
6. Mix in sour cream.
7. Fold in jimmies and fill liners 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 16-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese. Add strawberry puree, gelatin and vanilla extract. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
10. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes.