Birthdays are always filled with presents and cake. But what sort of cake do you like to have on your big day? I grew up thinking that yellow cake and chocolate frosting was the dream combo. But since I bake all the time now, cake has sort of lost it’s special feeling. But I still wanted something chocolate and something I could stick a candle in! So…brownies. A big, thick, fudgey brownie did just the trick. And to make it a little extra, chocolate chips and the top layer swirled with strawberry cream cheese. Mmmm….
Smuckers sent me a package with some jams and preserves to use and I went for the strawberry preserve for this recipe. It’s a whole lot easier than going to get fresh or frozen berries and having to chop them up and puree them down. I just pop off
the jam lid, take a big scoop out and stir it on it. Perfection.
Check out the Smuckers Facebook page and take their birthday poll!
And what early (or maybe late) birthday gift does Smuckers have for one of you lucky readers? A $100 gift card to Walmart and a birthday package of Smuckers Products!
Just comment below telling me what your dream birthday cake is to enter!
Giveaway open until 2/26/13
Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirl
Brownies: (Or you can make from a box)
- 1/2 C. butter melted
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 C. mini chocolate chips
Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 C. strawberry
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease brownie pan.
2. If you are using a box brownie mix, prepare according to box directions and skip to step 6
3. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Combine the dry ingredients with the butter/egg mixture and stir by hand until smooth.
6. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
7. Pour 3/4 of the batter into the pan.
8. Filling: combine all ingredients and mix until smooth (If there are a few chunks its okay).
9. Pour filling over batter, then pour remaining batter on top.
10. Use a knife to swirl filling into the batter.
11. Bake for 20-50 minutes, depending on how thick your brownies are and how fudgey you want them to turn out.
12. Let cool and devour.