I have been on summer break for about a month now, wahoo! And these cuties just scream summer. I would love to eat one of these on a beach somewhere, but I am stuck in Oregon where it will probably stay cloudy until mid June.
Aren’t these cupcake wrappers adorable? They are nice little touch for a party (I took these to a bridal shower). You don’t need fancy liners anymore, just a few of these wrappers to put around your cakes. I got mine from Cupcake Liners Wrappers and these ones I got sparkle a little bit in the light 🙂 Oh how I love pink things…
Strawberry Lime Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Zest of 4 limes
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons strawberry gelatin Jello powder
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine all other cake ingredients until smooth,.
4. Add cake mix and stir well.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-23 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Strawberry Buttercream: Beat butter for two minutes. Add vanilla extract and strawberry gelatin (you can use fresh strawberries as a substitute). Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with a fresh lime slice.