I was a girl scout.
I did the campfires, the badges, the pledges, you name it. But I did not look nearly as cute in my little Brownie vest as my neighbor Francesca or Laura up the street. They both had the sleek hair with matching bows perfectly placed on top. And me? Well I had the frizziest hair of the troop, not to mention I looked like I ate more Thin Mints than I sold.
Here’s to those little green boxes of heaven.
Thin Mint Puppy Chow
Chocolate Thin Mint:
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 C. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 12 Thin Mint cookies finely crushed
- 1/4 C. powdered sugar
- 5 C. Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 C. Minty green Melts from WIlton OR white chocolate chips (or melts) (or you can use the green melts)
- green food dye to get them green optional (GEL only, not the liquid)
- 3/4 C. powdered sugar
Extra Thin Mints roughly chopped
- NOTE: You can only do the chocolate pieces and it will still be awesome maybe through in some mint M&M's to get the green color!
1. Chocolate Thin Mint pieces: Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a small microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate and stir until smooth.
3. Pour the melted chocolate over cereal and gently stir until coated.
4. Add finely crushed cookies and stir again.
5. Add powdered sugar and stir (you can also put the cereal in a plastic bag, put the sugar in and shake, shake, shake!.)
6. Dump out onto a cookie sheet to let cool.
7. Green Pieces: Place cereal in a lagre bowl and set aside.
8. Melt green Melts/white chocolate, stir until smooth and stir in as much green dye as desired.
9. Pour over cereal and stir until coated.
10. Add powdered sugar and stir.
11. Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
12. Mix the two colors together and add extra Thin Mints for decoration!