Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Muffins:
1 ½ cups chopped apple
1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
½ cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Chips
Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour or graham cracker crumbs
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ tablespoons cold butter diced
1.     Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.    Peel and chop apples (I used granny smith) and then coat with lemon juice.  Set aside.
3.    In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cooled butter, and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
4.    In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5.    Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture, do not overmix.
6.   Stir in apples and cinnamon chips. (If you don’t have cinnamon chips you can use 2 teaspoons cinnamon.)
7.    Spoon into muffin liners.
8.   Topping: Mix sugar, flour/graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter until it has reached a crumble consistency.
9.   Top muffins and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

10 thoughts on “Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Leigh Anne @Yourhomebasedmom says:

Yum! Looks so good. Love the idea of the graham cracker crumbs in the topping! I use graham cracker crumbs in my apple crisp topping and love it.

Katie Jensen says:

IF i could have anything right now it would be this.

Chef Dennis says:

those muffins look so very very good, and your images are amazing….every treat on your page looks like it jumped out of a cookbook!
    I am so glad you stopped by so I could find you!
    Cheers
    Dennis

shabs says:

WOwowo , I might just take a bite out of my screen , your pics look 3D , amazing !!

Sherri says:

These look delicious! I want to make these. I'm been trying to find cinnamon chips in my area. Did you buy them at a regular grocery store or online?

Jennifer says:

I made these this morning and plowed through three of them within a half hour. They are delicious! Thank you for sharing your passion with the world.

Katie says:

Hi, Just baked these, and the house smells sooo gooood! How many muffins does this recipe make, though? My muffins are pretty big, and I made 18!! Next time I’ll plan for the recipe to make 24. Am I right? Thanks.

Susy says:

I’ve made quite a few of your recipes (all delicious, btw) and I just made these last night. They had a good overall taste, but next time I will add 2 or 3x more apple. Thanks for all the great recipes! You are an inspiration!

Linda says:

How many cinnamon chips do you use?