Cookies & Cream Tombstone Cupcakes

Okay, I give credit where credit is due.  Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom had this idea last year when she made my Oreo cupcakes, so I decided to do it this time!  Halloween is coming up so soon, I had to get in the spirit!

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
green food coloring
White Chocolate for decorating Oreos
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 24 cupcake liners.
2.    Split Oreos.  Place the side with cream, cream-side-up at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
3.    Use the other half  of the Oreo and decorate it with melted white chocolate and a piping bag.  Don’t melt it too much, or you will have to let it cool a bit so you don’t make a mess when you pipe!
4.    In a large bowl, lightly combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
5.    Add cake mix (sift it into the bowl for easy mixing) and mix until combined.
6.   Fill cupcake liners ¾ full on top of cream-side-up Oreo halves.
7.    Bake for 15 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8.   Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy and smooth.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla.  Adjust consistency as needed using extra powdered sugar and milk.  Color as desired with food coloring and mix well.
9.   Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with Oreo tombstones and edible glitter! Happy Halloween!

11 thoughts on “Cookies & Cream Tombstone Cupcakes

I have a quick question for you: Do you hand mix your cake batters? I used my KitchenAid and the batter exploded like a bunch of small volcanos in the oven while cooking. It was a disaster, however yummy! I appreciate some direction as your cupcakes are gorgeous and I want mine to look as lovely. Thanks!

Lizzy Mae says:

hmm… I do usually hand mix my cake mix recipes, but there should never be explosions in your oven. Make sure you do not over mix, but mix so there are no lumps. It helps when I sift the cake mix before.

I get so ridiculously excited when I see you have a new post. You are so creative, yet your items are fast and fun. Thank you so much for sharing your stuff!!!

Terri

Cara @ The Boys Made Me Do It says:

I love that these use oreos instead of the milano cookies– definitely more kid friendly!

Cara @ The Boys Made Me Do It says:

Thought you might want to add your post to this!

Anna says:

This was my first Your Cup of Cake recipe. YUM!

First recipe I used, a team of girls LOVED LOVED LOVED your simple and cute cupcake! keep up the great work

[…] Powered by Yahoo! Answers Mouse here for Related LinksD.i.y.: Cookies And Cream Cheesecake BarsWhat To Eat Tonight: Maple Bacon Ice Cream Sandwich With Waffle Cookies at Sugar Magnolia – Young & HungryMint Cookies & Cream Ice CreamFood Blogger Part 2: Cookies n Cream CookiesMotorola Update on Ice Cream SandwichSweet Cream Pumpkin Swirl Ice CreamAndroid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Officially Rolling Out to the HTC VividCookies & Cream Tombstone Cupcakes – Your Cup of Cake […]

[…] Powered by Yahoo! Answers Mouse here for Related LinksCake Mix Cinnamon Rolls – A Great Mother’s Day Breakfast IdeaHow to make a Cake Mix taste HomemadeStuff cake mix with mozzarella…Cookies & Cream Tombstone Cupcakes – Your Cup of Cake […]

[…] Powered by Yahoo! Answers Mouse here for Related LinksCake Mix Cookie Recipe – Too Easy!Cake Mix Cookie Recipe – Too Easy!FREE Kindle book: Delicious Cake Mix Cookie Recipes!Betty Crocker Recipes CookiesCookies & Cream Tombstone Cupcakes – Your Cup of Cake […]

Emily says:

What kind of butter do you use in the frosting? Thank you!