White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

A box of chocolates just screams the holiday season to me.  I never did the–take a bite and put it back–thing, probably because my bite was as big as the chocolate.  But I would always go for the truffles first.  I don’t know what I found so intriguing about the soft and silky centers, but they were (and still are) my favorite.

These little treats are perhaps the best holiday treats I’ve made.[end-story]

White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

Yield: 15 truffles

White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1 1/4 C. white chocolate chips, melted
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/3 C. crushed candy canes

1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, careful to not burn them!
3. Add white chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
6. Place in mini cupcake liners for a perfect presentation!

Notes

Roll in candy canes the day you plan to serve them. Or else the candy layer will get sticky from absorbing the moisture in the chocolate.

45 thoughts on “White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles

Mamaladybug says:

These look scrumptious!!!

Man, these sound delicious! Pinning to make for the Holidays. Yuuuum!

anon says:

these look great! can’t wait to make them.

Do they need to be refrigerated?

Jenny says:

These look and sound amazing! I am definitely going to have to make these for the holidays…I think they will be a huge hit! Love your site!! :)

Where’d you get your cookie scoop from? I’ve been looking for a good one. I bought a plastic Wilton one from Michaels and it FAILS on so many levels.

Denise says:

Oh my, these have my name written all over them because I’m allergic to chocolate, but not white chocolate!!! :)

Alison says:

I have been starting some of my holiday baking and have been having problems crushing my peppermint. Do you use something special, or just the hammer?

Leigh Ann says:

Mmmm! I think we’ll be handing these out this year. The kids would love to help with this recipe!

Tammy says:

Okay these look absoulely FABULOUS! These are on my list to make.
    P.S. Can’t wait until you cookbook comes out
    P.S.S. Oh I just have a question about your Tiramisu Cupcakes….they look sooo yummy too (as well as everything else) I was just wondering if you could leave the coffee out and substitite it for pero instead or maybe if the coffee just bakes out.

[...] Process photos from my White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles [...]

Donna says:

I am running into a problem when I shape the truffles. I used the milk chocolate recipe, refrigerated as directed, began shaping the balls and the balls almost instantly began to melt in my hand. I refrigerated them longer, same thing happened. I placed the unrolled mix in the freezer and had only slightly better luck. Is this what happens with the milk chocolate recipe or did I miss something somewhere? Your hands look perfectly clean after your roll in the photo. Your mixture looks stiffer as well. Do you think more powdered sugar and/or chocolate would help?
    These taste great but I’m concerned they will just melt away if I leave them out of the frige for even 15 minutes.
    Thanks for any help,
    Donna

Donna,
      I think my fridge is a tad colder than most. And yes, I have done milk chocolate and they do melt a little. Sometimes I will roll them in my hands, then freeze them for a few minutes THEN roll them in the peppermint. Don’t add more powdered sugar, I did that once and the truffle loses it’s silky texture if you do.

Donna says:

Thanks for the quick reply. Tomorrow I will try the white chocolate truffles. My husband thinks the milk chocolate truffles are just fine. Hope I have enough to take to the party I’m going to tomorrow night. Lol. You will make me look so, so good! I appreciate you sharing your talents with us.

[...] White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles From Your Cup Of Cake [...]

[...] White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles from Your Cup of Cake [...]

[...] friends in our lives. The plan is: Caramel, Andes Mint Cookies, Almond Roca, Christmas Crack, and White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles (those are SO [...]

Mercedes says:

I had a quick question what size food scoop did you use for these truffles?

jennifer says:

I’m hoping the freezing suggestion that was mentioned earlier will work, but my truffles are total mush. I doubled the recipe, but I don’t think that is the problem. or is it? what would help? I’ve made the balls and they are just super soft and mushy… should I roll in another layer of white chocolate before i roll in the candy canes? thanks!

VXGirl says:

My friend and I use the Andes Peppermint Crunch candies instead of candy canes for a much smoother and softer truffle. They are absolutely mouth watering and more delicate

Jenn says:

Can this recipe be doubled?

[...] original recipe is from Your Cup of Cake, but as it is my nature to meddle with things and ignore instructions, I made some changes, which I [...]

candygirl says:

These white chocolate peppermint truffles are incredible! I prefer to take just a bit of the chocolate, dip it in the candy cane and then roll into a ball for a mini bite size dessert. The taste is comparable to Hickory Farms peppermint snow mints. Thanks for sharing!

Maree says:

By powdered sugar, do you mean icing sugar?

Brooke says:

Is it possible to use pumpkin extract and cinnamon instead of peppermint for a more thanksgiving friendly treat? or will that ruin the flavors?

Jessica says:

Can I use bakers white chocolate instead of white chocolate chips?
    If so how many squares would you recommend?
    Thanks! They look great!

Norine says:

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it
    up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m
    still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers?

I’d really appreciate it.

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I
    can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about
    setting up my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you
    have any ideas or suggestions? Cheers

Morgan says:

My roommate made these for a Christmas party last year and they were a HIT! I’m going to be making them for a Christmas party tonight, so here’s hoping that they go over well. :)

Alexsandra Martinez says:

Can I do it the night before or you don’t recommende that

michelle says:

I’m thinking of shipping these to family for xmas gifts. To avoid the candy cane from getting sticky as you suggested it does, do you think it would be fine to mix in before shaping balls?