Andes Mint Puppy Chow

Andes Mint Puppy Chow

I have two older brothers and I can promise you I was the most annoying baby sister anyone could ever have.  I always wanted to tag along, I always wanted to play with them and their legos and I always ordered the same thing as them at restaurants.  I can still hear my brother Paul saying “Copy cat! Copy cat!” as we stood at the counter at Mike’s Diner.  Apparently the bacon cheeseburger was only meant for him…. But when we went out for Mexican food, it was all peaceful until the end.  Our check came with an Andes Mint for each of us, so naturally we turned the wrappers into blow darts and started attacking each other.

I never won that game.[end-story]

Andes Mint Puppy Chow

Andes Mint Puppy Chow

6 C. Rice Chex cereal
1 2/3 C. Andes Mints (You can use less and add chocolate chips if needed!)
1 C. brownie mix*, OR 1 C. powdered sugar plus 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
Extra Andes Mints to mix in, optional
*NOTE: Brownie mix straight from the box! So just the powder stuff :)

1. Pour cereal into a large bowl.
2. Unwrap and melt Andes Mint on medium-low heat on the stove. Stir until smooth. (Andes Mints can be expensive, so you can replace some of the Andes Mints with chocolate chips if needed.)
3. Pout melted mints over cereal and gently fold until covered.
4. Dump chocolatey cereal into a large plastic bag (or tupperware with a lid) and add brownie mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated!
5. Pour onto a cookie sheet to cool.
6. Serve with extra mints for decoration!

Andes Mint Muddy Buddies

For you other food photographers out there…

Andes Mint Puppy Chow recipe

13 thoughts on “Andes Mint Puppy Chow

Beverly says:

Wish I could find those Andes mints in Canada! I used to see them now they are impossible to locate. (Well, I did find a bag of them recently but it was very small and they wanted $5.00 for it! Insane!) Awesome photo/recipe, as usual!

Kelly Cool says:

YUM!!!!! I’ve been making peppermint puppy chow non-stop lately, but will be making this for my next batch!

Bailey says:

wow you take such great photos!

Trish says:

⚪I just made these with my son for my dad, who loves Andes mints. I made a double batch, so the 10 oz bag of baking Andes chips wasn’t enough so I added 1 1/3 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips. These are so good and a nice change from the average puppy chow, my favorite part is the brownie mix. Powdered sugar doesn’t hold a candle to it. Thank you for sharing❗‼❕⚪

Horace says:

My enhanced confidence inspired me to conquer the art
    of frying chicken. You may have been looking for a grilled chicken along with
    chunks of pineapple, chopped peppers and a selection of spices.
    Children too will love the food and you for providing them with their favourite Pie Crust.

Patricia says:

Sooooo I’m weirdly anal about measurements. Do you measure the mints whole or broken in half? Or, to make my crazy mind happy, how many mints do you actually use?

Traci says:

You had me at Andes Mint. This looks fantastic. Pinned it from Six Sisters. Thank YOU!

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it,
    you could be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and
    will eventually come back very soon. I want
    to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice weekend!