I grew up in a very strange neighborhood. Every girl had a shelf lined with American Girl Dolls in her room and every boy had posters and memorabilia signed by celebrities and famous athletes on their wall. Party favors consisted of jewelry and gift cards instead of candy and dollar store trinkets. And after a sleepover on silk sheets we never ate cereal. We always walked downstairs to find Starbucks drinks and a big slice of Starbucks bread on the counter.
We were 10.
It’s pretty ridiculous looking back at it all now. For the record I did not own an American Girl Doll and the closest thing I had to a celebrity’s signature was a camp T-shirt signed by the PSU soccer players. Our pantry was stocked to the brim with cereal and jam and that’s the way I liked. Even now, cereal is the best breakfast around.
Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C. oil
- 1/4 C. applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 2 C. apples grated (remove skins first)
- NOTE: You can chop up your apples if you prefer don't leave the chunks too large
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1/4 C. oats
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X4 loaf pan. (I lined mine with parchment.)
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, beat eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, sugar and brown sugar.
4. Slowly add in dry ingredients, careful not to over mix.
5. Stir in grated apples.
6. Dump into loaf pan.
7 Streusel: Combine all ingredients and crumble over dough in pan.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
Streusel topping! This recipe works great for muffins too by the way…
You don’t need butter, I just was struggling with these photos and was trying something different
Pillsbury Funfetti Lil’ Donuts Giveaway!
Remember my fun Game Day Donuts post? I used the new Pillsbury Lil’ Donuts kits and now you get a chance you win a kit AND some cash for yourself! The Celebrate the Lil’ Thing Giveaway includes a Funfetti Lil’ Donuts Kit and a $50 Visa gift card! So you can make some fun party donuts and then go buy someone (or yourself) a nice gift!
To enter you must be 18 years or older and be a U.S. resident. You will be notified by email if you have won and you must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected.
How to enter:
- Comment below telling me your favorite donut flavor!
- “Pin” an image that used a Pillsbury Lil’ Donuts Kit and write a SEPARATE comment below telling that you did it! (You can check out my post HERE or check out Pillsbury’s baking page to find fun recipes!)
Giveaway open until October 21st 11:59PM ET