“What did you do with my Puppy Chow!?”
This is how I woke up a few days ago. My roommate stormed into my bedroom because she had searched the entire apartment all morning long looking for the 3 batches of chow I made the day before… and she couldn’t find it. Well of course she couldn’t find it, I hid it from her! Whenever I let her eat my stuff, she gets bad at me after because she says I’m making her fat. But when I hide the treats from her, she says I’m being mean. Now I know how guys feel when they say they can’t do anything right.
If you’re in the Salt Lake City area I will be having a book signing Saturday March 23 at the Seagull Book at 1720 S. Redwood Road in SLC from 10-12, I hope to see you there! [end-story]
Chocolate Hazelnut Puppy Chow
- 7 C. rice Chex cereal
- 1 C. milk chocolate melts or chips
- 1/2 C. Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 1/4 C. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 C. hazelnuts roughly chopped
1. Place Chex cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a small microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate, Nutella and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and gently fold until all cereal is coated.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag and add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Shake until coated. (Or you can use a large pot with a lid.)
5. Dump onto cookie sheets to cool and add hazelnuts.