Double Chocolate Soft Oreos that are so easy to make, they’re dangerous. Homemade Oreos are always my go-to treat because they’re easy, not messy and everyone loves them. You can also make them with a mint or peanut butter filling!
It was 7 PM. I climbed into bed, got under the covers, pulled up Netflix on my computer and dunked my Oreos into my big mug of cold milk. It was a perfect night.
It doesn’t take much to make me happy.
Double Chocolate Oreos
- 1 box devil's food cake mix sifted to remove any lumps
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese or an extra 1/2 C. butter
- 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 C. powdered sugar more if needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Make small dough balls about the size of a walnut and place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on how brownie-like or cake-like you want them to be.
5. Let cookies cool.
6. Chocolate Filling: Combine all ingredients until smooth in a standing mixer. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or not sweet enough.
7. Frost the bottoms of half the cookies and place the unfrosted cookies on top to create little Oreo cookie "sandwiches."
8. Place in tupperware and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Chilling them helps the filling not to gush out when you eat them BUT it's not necessary.