These Easy Bunny Cupcakes are made with marshmallow and sprinkle ears! So easy to do! All you need are cupcakes (any flavor), white frosting (I love cream cheese frosting on top of these lemon cupcakes), large marshmallows, some scissors and pink sprinkles! These are perfect for easter and even great for a kid’s cupcake decorating party 🙂
So, this isn’t a new idea. I’m sure you’ve seen people make these cute bunny ears, but I wanted to give it a try myself. I had way too much fun snipping all the marshmallows in half (sometimes popping one half into my mouth). I did start to dip the stick mallow into the sprinkles, but I ended up just sprinkling them in with my fingers because I had a little more control that way. But I think every marshmallow brand and set of scissors will be a little different.
I’m really into making cute cupcakes that everyone can recreate. No fondant, no intense piping skills needed. Sort of like my adorable Carrot Garden Cupcakes I’m loving right now…
If you want some more easy Easter Cupcakes (plus an updated version of these bunny cupcakes) check out my Easy Easter Cupcake Decorating post!
Easy Bunny Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- zest of 3 lemons
- 1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/3 C. oil
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 20-24 large marshmallows
- pink sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps, then continue to add the rest of the cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcakes liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Continue to add ins as much powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency. Add vanilla extract.
6. To make Bunny Ears (see photos above) cut each marshmallow using scissors diagonally and then immediately press the stick side into sprinkles. (You can also just sprinkle and sprinkles into the sticky area if you want to get very precise.)
7. your cooled cupcakes and then top with a set of Bunny Ears!