I remember the first time I ever had this so called “Puppy Chow” or “Muddy Buddies” whatever you want to call it. I was at a wedding reception at my friend’s house and it was this weird looking white-coated powdery stuff served in little souffle cups. But I wasn’t a picky eater, so I decided to give it a shot.
By the end of the night I had about 9 of those little souffle cups stacked on my plate. Empty.
Butterfinger Puppy Chow
- 6 C. Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 C. milk chocolate melts
- 1/2 C. peanut butter smooth
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 C. Butterfingers or Chick-O-Sticks crushed
1. Measure out your Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium microwave proof bowl, melt milk chocolate melts, peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth. (About 45 seconds, then stir, then 15 more seconds)
3. Pour melted chocolate/peanut butter over cereal and stir until well coated.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag or a tupperware with a lid, add crushed Butterfingers and shake until well coated.
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet to let cool.
6. Hide it all because it will disappear way too fast.
(new photos above posted August 26, 2013)
Crushed them in a plastic bag, but you can use a blender too!
Make sure to check out ALL my Puppy Chow Recipes!
Leave a comment