My obsession with coconut and chocolate has returned! But this time chocolate is bringing his best friend, Nutella.[end-story]
Coconut Nutella Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate or Devil's Food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup nutella
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese. softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Nutella Ganache: On the stove top or in the microwave, melt Nutella and chocolate chips until smooth.
7. Once cupcakes have cooled, dip the tops of your cupcakes into the ganache and let it firm up, this may take a little longer than normal ganache.
8. Coconut Cream: Beat cream cheese and butter. Add coconut extract and slowly add powdered sugar until smooth. If it becomes too thick, add 1 tablespoon milk.
9. Pipe coconut cream over firm ganache.
10. Roll in shredded coconut for decoration.