My first Christmas on the blog I made these eggnog cookies and they were AMAZING. I posted the recipe and the photos and they did really well out in the land of Pinterest and Google. But to this day, those photos make me cringe. It was time to take some prettier photos and even give a cake mix version to the recipe! And guess what, there will be plenty of left over eggnog for you to drink while they bake in the oven 🙂
Eggnog Cookies (Scratch and Cake Mix recipes)
Scratch Eggnog Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cake Mix Eggnog Cookies:
- 1 box white cake mix
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ C. butter melted
- 3 eggs
- ¼ C. eggnog
- 2 Tbsp. eggnog more if you want a thiner glaze
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1-2 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cream sugar and butter until light
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
6. Do not over mix
7. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small, they will spread generously in the oven.
8. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
9. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.
Cake Mix Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, nutmeg, butter, eggs and eggnog until smooth.
3. Scoop dough balls slightly smaller than golf balls onto your cookie sheets (2 inches apart) and gently press down with fingers to that your cookies don’t bake up too tall.
4. Bake for 9-12 minutes and let cool.
1. Combine eggnog, nutmeg and 1 C. powdered sugar with a fork or whisk. Depending on how runny or thick you want your glaze, add in more powdered sugar or eggnog.
2. Glaze cooled cookies, go heavy on the glaze because that’s where you taste a lot of the eggnoggy-goodness!
I need to find some eggnog ice cream real soon…
If you love eggnog recipes, check out my Eggnog Cranberry Bread!