A Bundt cake. Yes, the “B” is supposed to be capitalized. It’s a trademarked name, didn’t-cha know? I didn’t until 10 seconds ago…Thank you Wikipedia.
Anyway, I feel like Bundt cakes have this weird stigma of something the cheesey neighbors bring over on an ugly platter. Like fruit cake for summer. But after I made these, my baking world has changed. Mini Bundts are incredibly adorable and so easy to do. Just bake the cake, pour over some glaze and add some fresh fruit and you have a masterpiece! Plus, the best part about doing the minis is that you can eat one and no one will ever know! If you make one big Bundt then you have to get a little more creative about snacking on it.
Blueberry Almond Mini Bundt Cakes
- Blueberry Almond Cake:
- 1 box White Cake mix
- 1 small pkg. instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. oil
- 1/2 C. milk or buttermilk
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg optional
- 1 1/2 C. blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice or lemon juice or even more milk
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2- 2 1/2 C. powdered sugar
Sliced Almonds and Fresh Blueberries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini bundt pans or one regular bundt pan.
2. Sift cake mix and instant pudding mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl. combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, almond extract and nutmeg until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix and pudding mix.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Fill mini bundt pans about 2/3 full and bake for 18-25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. (It's okay if they bake over the center notch, mine did and it holds the glaze quite nicely!) Bake a normal bundt for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Glaze: Whisk all ingredients together. Add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze or more milk or juice to thin it out. You want it pourable.
8. Let cakes cool and then pour glaze over the cakes, sprinkles sliced almonds on top and fill the holes with blueberries.
Fresh out of the oven..naked Bundts
All dressed up