Well, this wraps up my Red Velvet mini-series. But don’t you fret, I still have plenty of Valentines recipes coming that I am really excited for, like the red velvet cupcakes. After all, tomorrow is the start of February…or Singles Awareness Month as a lot of people refer to it as.
But guess who absolutely loved these cookies? Every MAN that tried them. It was really crazy! I mean, the ladies liked them too, but the guys kept going back for more. Maybe they were just shocked they loved them so much…who knows.
Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 C. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Scoop out pieces of dough that are about 1 tablespoon in size, or a little bigger. (Dough will be gooey.)
4. Drop into powdered sugar and cover with the sugar, then place cookie sheet 3 inches away from other dough balls.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes and let cool.
6. Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto the bottom of half the cookies, sandwich with another cookie and then roll in coarse sugar to decorate.