What’s better than an Oreo? Not much. But this may be! They’re S’mOREOs! Homemade Oreos with marshmallow cream cheese filling and graham cracker crumbs around the edge. Yum!
The filling is a traditional fruit dip, so it’s not too stiff. If you’re taking these somewhere you may want to pop them in the freezer so that they travel nicely. I even ate mine out of the freezer and they were delicious! A great alternative to an ice cream sandwich. Don’t worry, they don’t freeze solid, the filling and cookie is still chewy and fabulous right out of the freezer.
Because I’m always baking new things, I don’t always make the same thing on a regular basis. But my Banana Bread and Homemade Oreos are always my go-to recipes. The banana bread is just to die for and it makes me feel like I’m eateng something healthy… 🙂 And my homemade Oreos are so quick and easy to make, plus everyone always raves about them at parties! These S’mOREOs are based off of that recipe.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 container 7 oz. marshmallow fluff
- crushed graham crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, sift cake mix to remove any lumps. Add eggs and oil and stir until well combined. Dough will be thick.
3. Scoop out tablespoon sized dough balls and place on cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on how gooey or crisp you like your cookies.
5. In a stand mixer with the whist attachment combine cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Do this gently to not deflate the fluff, it's okay if there are still some lumps. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Spoon your filling onto the bottoms of half the cooled cookies and use the other cookies to place on top making little Oreos.
7. Gently sprinkle graham cracker crumbs onto the edge. You can keep in the freezer and serve cold for a cold treat!