Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes

Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes

I kissed him.

Things had been in limbo for too long.  He flirts with me, I flirt with him, he sends me texts saying why it would never work out, I know he’s looking for Mrs. Perfect but I can’t help but give it a shot… and back and forth the dating game goes.

So I just kissed him.

I told him I wanted to talk, he walked outside and I laid one on him.  This way, it’s a clean break or a clean start–whatever he wants. I pulled away and all he could do was give me a goofy smile.  The boy who always has something to say, the boy who is the life of every party, the boy who won’t let you get through a sentence without interrupting was absolutely speechless.

And that was the cherry on top.

(Click to read his side of the story)

Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes

Almond Buttercream:
1 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
milk, if needed
20-24 Maraschino cherries with stems for decoration

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and almond extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fold in chopped maraschino cherries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes.
7. Almond Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add almond extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add a little milk.
8. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles and more Maraschino cherries. Now go kiss your man and feed him a cupcake!

Almond Cherry Cupcakes

Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes

52 thoughts on “Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes

Vanessa says:

So Pretty!!

Heidi says:

Sometimes you just gotta kiss ‘em and let the chips fall where they may. Been there, done that, married the guy. :)

dianna says:

Love it! Makes me smile!!!! Sometimes you just have to give in and kiss the boy!

Carol says:

Looking forward to the next cupcake story… those goofy speechless moments are priceless. Whether the guy stays in your life or not. That YOU made that moment… priceless.

Melina says:

Love the story! And the cupcakes are so pretty! Just got your book while I was in Utah on vacation. LOVE IT

These are so pretty. Cherry and almond is a delicious combination. On my list of things to make.

Dene' Swearingen says:

Too cute! The story and the cupcakes.

Vicki says:

You are to cute. Hope you enjoyed the kiss and much as we ejoyed the story. Oh and the cup cakes are awesome as always. ;-)

Gorgeous pictures! And LOVE today’s story…I wanna read more!

Christine says:

I need more details of the story!!! When I finished reading I was on the edge of my seat with a huge smile on my face!!
    :D

Beth says:

I have to try this soon!! The kiss and the cupcakes!

Mirtha says:

good for you!!! and the cupcakes are amazing.

Kathy says:

Sing with me now:
    Yes, you want him
    Look at him, you know you do
    It’s possible he wants you, too
    There is one way to ask him
    It don’t take a word
    Not a single word
    Go on and kiss the boy …

Kellie M. says:

I just bought your cookbook! I love your website :)

Ms. BettySue Baker says:

Good for you! When I finally let my guard down and elt him kiss me, the best days of my life begun. So sometimes you gotta just go for what you want. Either way, you’re going to come out stronger. Either way! Goodluck to you and these cupcakes look AMAZING! Thanks!

Lisa says:

beautiful cupcake, even more beautiful story

Arianna H.B. says:

Those cupcakes look amazing:)! I would love to use this recipe at my bake sale. Two questions: what are those little red things on the cupcakes & can all these ingredients be purchased at Wal-Mart?

Arianna H.B. says:

are those sprinkles on top?

Cindy says:

As soon as I saw this I had to make them. I had all the ingredients on hand. Whipped up a batch for work..DELICIOUS! Love, Love, Love the buttercream. Lucky co-workers!

If it’s true that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then this guy is your for life. Your cupcakes are always amazing and one of the best I’ve ever seen, and I saw a lot of cupcakes, trust me ;-)
    I’ve featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don’t mind, but if you do, please contact me and I’ll remove it. All the best.

kassandra says:

Hi i just found this site yesterday and i have to say that i love everything iv seen so far can u tell me what tip you used to decorate this cupcakes they look soo cute!!!

Karole says:

Do you think this would work as a cake? How would you suggest adjusting bake time? Thanks!

- Rabbi Issachar Błąka się zaś narzeka, och, narzeka.

był
    ich przewodnikiem w szlifierki oscylacyjne [www.actionscript.org] synagodze,
    wpajał im prawdziwości o sprawach świętych oraz Józef pył
    działkę: tenże Jezus chrystus, dokonujący niewytłumaczalnego rozmnożenia chleba plus ryb, okazał
    się czymś z okładem lotny struga natomiast nie do nich, dwunastoletnich chłopców,
    należało ogłaszanie sądów. W przekonaniu Nadaba Syn boży zrobiłby
    odpowiedniej, jeżeli nie
    znikał tak. – Humor.

Gypsy Angel says:

Gorgeous story. Beautiful cakes. Our 7th anniversary is coming up this Valentine’s Day, I am so making these cupcakes! Thank you for sharing!

What a fun post! What adorable cupcakes – and I LOVE that stand! Hopefully we’ll be able to meet at BYB!

Melanie says:

I am so in love with that cake stand. I love your story, and those cucpakes look so fun and tasty.

Beth says:

What tip did you use for the icing?

Tessa says:

I followed your recipe to a t and the icing is mega runny. Any suggestions?

tiffany says:

Is the milk or buttermilk better? Also, yogurt or sour cream?

Megan says:

Do you think this would work with fresh cherries? I have a 4 year old that is allergic to red dye 40.

Leanna says:

Could I maybe substitute the white cake mix for a French vanilla? Is there anything you would change?

Octavia says:

what size box cake mix did you use or what brand do you prefer is it the 18.25oz or the 15.25oz box?

When some oone searches for his necessary thing, theredfore he/she needs to
    be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

dymond ford says: