Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Lemon Blueberry Cake Mix Cupcakes

Zesty lemon blueberry cream cheese frosting on top of lemon blueberry cupcakes.  What could be more perfect for summer?

Easy Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes

Okay, these were gorgeous, right?

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Alright, let’s be real.  We all see the photos of the beautiful kitchens and what do you they always have?  A big bowl full of lemons (or some other fruit) in the middle of the table.  Are they planning on making a ton of lemonade or what?  Because no one goes to Costco and get’s the huge bag of lemons every week!

When I finally have a beautiful kitchen all of my own, I’m going to get a big bowl and fill it with lemons :) Then I will know I’ve made it…

Lemon Cream Blueberry Cupcakes

1/2 C. butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese
zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp. lemon juice
3-4 C. powdered sugar
Fresh Berries for decoration

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl. combine lemon zest, eggs, oil, yogurt and buttermilk until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix and then gently fold in blueberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Lemon Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in lemon zest and lemon juice. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.

My little photo set-up by the window! I use my reflector board to bounce light from the window back onto the cupcakes and then a little white tabletop I had made for photos!

How to take beautiful food photos

I know what you all like… lemon things.  I have learned from my Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Quick Mousse!

Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes

11 thoughts on “Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Joanne says:

Your photo’s are always so pretty! And, the cupcakes are very good.

Melody says:

Hi! Love, love, love your cupcakes (and so do the people that I make them for!), but I am having trouble with the oil ratio. When I go to find cake mix these days, I can’t find any anymore that aren’t ‘supermoist’ or ‘ultramoist.’ When I add the additional oil called for in the recipe, I get cupcakes that are too oily or that sink in the middle. Maybe you want to add a disclaimer or note by the oil (use this amount if you are using a super-moist variety of mix) to help for people who are beginners. Just a suggestion. :D
    Thanks for the awesome recipes and for making me look like a cupcake master to my friends.
    Have a super day!

Kylie says:

I love your cupcakes!! So far I’ve made 5 of your recipes. And I only ever struggled with one of the kinds, but I’m pretty it was my fault. I’m interested in making the chocolate malt and the chocolate & coconut ones next :)

One Question: I wanted to make these shoe cupcakes (you’ve probs seen them before) and I wanted to use your chocolate coconut recepie as their flavor, I was wondering if there was any way to get coconut that isn’t shaved, and maybe more of (for lack of a better word) ground up, granulated. I need the tops of the cupcakes to be smooth thats why the shaving wouldn’t work for me.
    Any Tips??

Thanks, Kylie

loved seeing a sneak peak into your photo set-up :) The little blueberries peeking through the liners are perfect! Think I might have to try these… maybe add a little cream cheese to the frosting?!

Heather says:

Thank you for the wonderful recipe. I tried it today..I even had to take a picture and post it on my blog.. Your pictures are Amazing!

Linda says:

My cupcakes really SUNK. Tasted good but look horrible! I often have this trouble when using fresh fruit.

Bree says:

Hi there! How many cupcakes do these make?