I love my “Quick Mousse” or what I sometimes call Pudding Frosting! I’ve used it on my Red Velvet White Chocolate Cupcakes and my Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes, so good!
Not gonna lie… I struggled with these photos. But they looked so cute, the lighting was just off. I love these liners from Sweets & Treats, their grease proof liners have never failed me and every time I get a package from them it’s like Christmas!!
Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Quick Lemon Mousse
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1/2 C. lemon juice fresh
- lemon zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
Lemon Quick Mousse:
- 1 Box Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 2 C. heavy whipping cream
Sprinkles for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, lemon juice. lemon zest and sour cream until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix and poppy seeds.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Lemon Quick Mousse: Using a whisk attachment (I use my KitchenAid mixer) beat instant pudding mix and heavy whipping cream until thick. (If you want to make extra mousse you can add an extra cup of whipping cream!)
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
Give this Quick Mousse a try with any instant pudding flavor! If you want to make extra, just add another cup of whipping cream! It’s also awesome as a fruit or cracker dip 🙂
Leave a comment