Easy Bunny Cupcakes

Bunny Ear Cupcakes using marshmallows

These Easy Bunny Cupcakes are made with marshmallow and sprinkle ears! So easy to do! All you need are cupcakes (any flavor), white frosting (I love cream cheese frosting on top of these lemon cupcakes), large marshmallows, some scissors and pink sprinkles! These are perfect for easter and even great for a kid’s cupcake decorating party :)

Easy Bunny Ear CupcakesI love when I look down and my entire work space matches and coordinates :)  Even days after making these, my house still smells like lemons, I love it!  It is be summer already?

in the kitchen with Lizzy Early

So, this isn’t a new idea. I’m sure you’ve seen people make these cute bunny ears, but I wanted to give it a try myself.  I had way too much fun snipping all the marshmallows in half (sometimes popping one half into my mouth). I did start to dip the stick mallow into the sprinkles, but I ended up just sprinkling them in with my fingers because I had a little more control that way.  But I think every marshmallow brand and set of scissors will be a little different.

Marshmallow Bunny Ears for Easter

I’m really into making cute cupcakes that everyone can recreate.  No fondant, no intense piping skills needed.  Sort of like my adorable Carrot Garden Cupcakes I’m loving right now…

Cute Garden Carrot Cupcake

If you want some more easy Easter Cupcakes (plus an updated version of these bunny cupcakes) check out my Easy Easter Cupcake Decorating post!

Easy Easter Cupcake Decorating Ideas! The Marshmallow Bunny Ears are so cute!

Easy Bunny Ear Cupcakes

1/2 C. butter, softened
3-4 C. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Bunny Ears:
20-24 large marshmallows
pink sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps, then continue to add the rest of the cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcakes liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Continue to add ins as much powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency. Add vanilla extract.
6. To make Bunny Ears (see photos above) cut each marshmallow using scissors diagonally and then immediately press the stick side into sprinkles. (You can also just sprinkle and sprinkles into the sticky area if you want to get very precise.)
7. your cooled cupcakes and then top with a set of Bunny Ears!

18 thoughts on “Easy Bunny Cupcakes

grace says:

this is all kinds of brilliant and adorable–kudos to you!!

Steph says:

Super cute!!!

One question: How did you get such a perfect mound of frosting? You didn’t pipe it on, did you? I don’t see any piping or spreading texture marks on it.

I just used a big circle tip and piped one bit glob on top, You can practice on the top of a glass or something until you get it right!

• tracy says:

Starter baker here. Can you go into a little more detail on how to put the frosting on? I have the big circle tip and a bag for the frosting. Do I just put a pile of the frosting in the middle and spread it?

barb says:

These are so cute! Going to make them for my grandkids at Easter, can’t wait! And by the way, how did you get the frosting like that? Did you use a large round tip or just a hole in a piping bag? Thanks again for this sweet idea!

Jordan says:

These are adorable!

Rachel says:

These are so cute! I’m now inspired to try these!

Carmen says:

Perfect timing! These will be so cute for the school bake sale tomorrow.

greg says:

this will be great for my daughter’s birthday party

These are absolutely adorable and I LOVE how easy they are to make! My kids would even help with the process. :) Pinning, Stumbling and Yumming!

Theresa says:

Lizzy, If I make mini cupcakes howlong should I bake them? Mini marshmallows should work for the ears right? Thanks Theresa

Gail says:

I am not so good with piping. Could I spread white frosting and then dip in white coconut? Then add the ears?? I love coconut and it would hide the imperfections of the frosting!! Gotta try!

Jackie says:

Thanks for this idea, can’t wait to try it.

sheilaaaaa says:

Why the sprinkles you used are like colored sugar? Aren’t they colored sugar?

Robin says:

I’ve always wanted to make these and I finally get the chance this year at my preschoolers spring picnic! Did you put an extra cupcake wrapper on for the photo or did you use those no fade wrappers? Thank you!

Julie says:

Can you tell me what size decorator tip you used for the bunny cupcakes, I’m a beginner…….Thanks.