Almond Joy Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow) covered in milk chocolate and coated in coconut flakes! Throw in some sliced almonds and there you go! A perfect summer treat to perfect for any lunch box 🙂 It’s also gluten free and peanut butter free!! Be sure to check out all my Puppy Chow Recipes!
You guys… big things are happening in the kitchen! Stay tuned 🙂
Almond Joy Muddy Buddies
- 6-7 C. Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 C. chocolate melts or 2 C. chocolate chips plus 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 C. shredded coconut chopped
- Sliced almonds for decoration
1. Place cereal in a large bowl.
2. Place chocolate melts (or chocolate chips and oil) in a microwave proof bowl and heat until melted. Stir until smooth.
3. Pour melted chocolate over cereal and gently stir until coated.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag with coconut. (I like to chop the coconut up extra because the smaller pieces stick better.) Shake bake until cereal is covered in coconut.
5. Pour out onto a cookie sheet to let cool. Serve with sliced almonds.
I love my cute little colored bowls 🙂
I didn’t know if I liked the dark or the light table better for these….