Five years ago I decided to finally participate in April Fool’s Day. I put on Facebook that I was engaged to Trevor Woller.
Was I even dating him? No.
Why did I even do it? To make another boy jealous.
Do people still ask me how my husband Trevor is doing? You bet.
I haven’t participated in April Fool’s since, and I think it’s for the best.
PS: Trevor is doing great.
Chocolate Banana Hazelnut Cupcakes
Chocolate Banana Cake:
- 1 box Devil's Food or Chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1/4-1/3 C. hazelnut creamer powder carnation is the brand I used
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, bananas, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add hazelnut creamer and beat again. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add 1 Tbsp. milk if it becomes too thick.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with flecks of chocolate and banana slices.