Homemade Cookie Dough Oreos that are full on mini chocolate chips and have a delicious cookie dough filling! This is a perfect treat for the kid in all of us!
My grandfather is an interesting man. Everyone who knows him loves him, but they also have a stack of stories to tell. I saw him a few weeks ago and the first thing he said to me was not “Hello” or “How are you?” It was “Liz, have you found a husband yet? Or are you ready to just give up?”
Thanks Grandpa. I love that out of everything I do, my relationship status is what you remember best.
But who can blame him? I’m one of 58 grandkids, the fact that he remembers my name is sometimes a miracle.
Cookie Dough Oreos
Soft Oreo Cookies:
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Filling:
- 3/4 C. butter softened
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. flour
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3-4 Tbsp. milk
- 1-2 C. powdered sugar
- Extra mini chocolate chips for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove lumps and add eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined then stir in chocolate chips, dough will be thick.
3. Make dough balls just smaller than a golf balls and place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart from each other and pat down slightly on each dough ball so that it doesn't bake up too tall. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. Cookie Dough Filling: Beat butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add flour, vanilla extract salt and 2 Tbsp. milk and beat until smooth. Continue to add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if it becomes too thick. Feel free to taste as you go and add more flour if you want a filling that's not so sweet!
6. To assemble: Frost the bottoms of half the cookies and then place an unfrosted cookie on top of each. Roll the exposed edge in a bowl of mini chocolate chips to decorate! Store in a tupperware until ready to serve, I'll usually keep mine in the fridge because I prefer the taste of homemade Oreos cold 🙂
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are seriously genius! They’re super quick to make and bake, plus they come out of the oven with a fudge center that no one can resist. My original Homemade Oreos with the filling dyed orange would be perfect for Halloween!!