Strawberries dipped in chocolate to look like carrots! These Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes baked in mason jars are the most adorable cupcakes you’ll see this spring! I crushed up some Oreos to make the “dirt” and since they’re baked in a jar they’re perfect for an outdoor party! Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes!
Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes
Spring is coming! Okay, I saw that and it snowed yesterday in Utah but spring really is just around the corner and want to be ready for all the bridal showers and picnics with some cute desserts! These cakes are perfect because they’re a little bigger than a cupcake (which is a perfect serving size) and they’re easy to eat with a fork or spoon! Eating on a picnic blanket can be tricky enough… don’t give me a dessert that takes an hour to eat! Plus those strawberries, they look so cute! Just like a carrot getting pulled out of the ground.
You’ll need a bag of orange chocolate candy melts to dip your strawberries in! I Dipped mine, let them cool and then drizzled a little extra to give them that perfect carrot look! When I first saw this idea on Something Swanky last year I knew I wanted to do my own take. So I added the mason jars and the Oreos to make it my own 🙂
Enjoy my Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes for Easter or any springtime party!
This was my first time baking cakes in mason jars! But they turned out so cute! I just piped a circle of frosting on and then covered it with crushed Oreos. I nestled the chocolate dipped strawberry into the hole in the middle and then it was done! Super easy to make for a super cute cupcake! These really are so perfect for Spring!
Here’s my little photo set up in my office! The day was so dreary so getting the lighting right was a little tough….
Looking for more cute Easter cupcakes? My Easy Easter Bunny Cupcakes are adorable!
Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil or melted butter
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2-3 C. powdered sugar
Orange chocolate melts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners or grease small mason jars and place on a cookie sheet.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add remaining "cake" ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full or jars 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes for cupcakes or 18-22 minutes for jars.
4. Let cool.
5. Chocolate Frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Add cocoa powder, vanilla and milk and beat. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
6. Dip strawberries in melted orange chocolate melts and let let on wax or parchment paper. Drizzle extra chocolate over the strawberries to give a carrot look! (I put chocolate in a small plastic bag a snipped off the corner to drizzle.)
7. Frost cupcakes and cover with crushed Oreos, then top with chocolate dipped strawberries!
Here’s my Coming Up Carrots Cupcakes from last year that I love!