Alright, there is nothing wrong with brownies from a box. That is honestly how I usually go, but admit my crazy cupcake kitchen I decided to make something simple and fabulous…a homemade brownie! I also used these brownies to make a few cupcakes, so stay tuned for my next few posts, they are sure to bring out the 6-year-old in us all!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a small pan (9" by 9" or something close to that)
2. In a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Add egg mixture to butter mixture stirring gently (you don't want to beat it).
5. Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir until combined.
6. Pour into your greased pan and bake for 22-28 minutes.
7. Let cool, then top with powdered sugar!