I am all about easy Christmas desserts! In just a few minutes and with a few ingredients you can have these incredible Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats! Christmas time should be about being together and making memories and not stressing over tricky treats and spending hours slaving away to make them! Plus, these are easy enough that the kids can even help stir, spread out the chocolate and sprinkle on the crushed candy canes.
I cut my Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats up into little triangles because I wanted it to sort of look like peppermint bark! I made them all slightly different sizes so that my friends could have their pick. It also was fun because usually when I cut up bar treats I obsess over them all being the same size and perfectly square… not for these!
Excited for Christmas? I love buying gifts for my friends and family. If it was socially acceptable to do it all year long, I totally would! But when I do, people tend to think I’m trying to buy their love haha! So I hold off and then take pleasure in drowning people in presents! I just give them cupcakes and treats during the rest of the year 🙂
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 14-16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- 5-6 C. Rice Krispie Cereal
- 10-12 candy canes crushed (I used my blender)
- 2 C. white Almond Bark or melts
1. Prep a 9 by 13 dish by greasing and/or lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a large microwave proof bowl melt marshmallows, butter and vanilla extract.
3. Stir until smooth and then gently fold in Rice Krispie Cereal.
4. Sprinkle in about 2 Tbsp. of the crushed candy canes and then dump into pan and press to flatten.
5. Melt almond bark and then spread over Rice Krispies. Sprinkle on the rest of the crushed candy canes! Let set and then slice!
Leave a comment