When I’m asked to bake cupcakes for a party, I have to think about my Party Cake Tricks.
1. There has to be a chocolate cupcake
2. There has to be a fruity cupcake
3. They all have to be topped with something fun
In the middle of winter when there is literally 2 feet of snow outside my door, it makes perfect sense to make a fruity cupcake, right? Yeah..maybe not. But these just looked like a sneak peak into Spring Break. I made about 50 of them of a party, but only topped 4 with maraschino cherries. Guess which ones went first? Yeah.
Pineapple Cream Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 C. melted butter cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
Maraschino Cherries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, pineapple and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minute or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add milk or cream.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a cherrie and sprinkles to dress them up.
9. Bust out a lawn chair and pretend you're on Spring Break.