Homemade Golden Oreos made with yellow or butter cake mix! So easy… they’re dangerous. Plus, you know me, I’m OBSESSED with my original Homemade Oreos, it’s always my favorite go-to dessert because everyone loves them!
My new cookbook Make it with a Cake Mix came out last week! It’s full of cupcakes, bunt cakes, layered cakes, cookies, whoopee pies and basically everything you can make with a cake mix! I put some popular recipes from the blog in the book but there are TONS of recipes the blog has never seen! I worked really hard on this book and I hope you all love it!
We had a book signing on Saturday and my mother flew in from Chicago to see me!
These sweet girls drove over an hour to come meet me and get their new books signed, how cute are they?!
Some of my college friends even stopped by!
Homemade Golden Oreos
Cake Mix Cookies:
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C. plus 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2- 3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl and add eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Stir until combined, batter will be thick.
4. Make dough balls about the size of a walnut and place them 3 inches apart from each other.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes depending on how fudge or or crispy you like your cookies.
6. Let cool.
7. Cream cheese filling: Beat cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
8. To assemble, frost the bottoms of half of your cooled cookies. Then place an untrusting cookie on top of the frosted ones to create little "sandwiches." I like to put mine in a tupperware and let them chill in the fridge before eating! That way, the frosting doesn't gush out the sides when you eat them!
Leave a comment