After you sit around a campfire for hours, you get in the shower and what happens? As soon as your hair hits the water the smell of smoke and trees flood the shower. Well with my big, curly hair the same sort of thing happens after I bake hundreds of cupcakes all day. It just smells like a bakery exploded in my shower with all the sugary scents filling the air.
Raspberry Lemonade Mini Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 C. oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C. yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 C. lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag freeze dried raspberries from Trader Joe's
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
Fresh Raspberries to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 10-14 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Prep berries by putting them in a food processor or blender and pulverize. Then sift out the seeds, (discard seeds), and place what fell through the sifter into your mixing bowl. (When working with freeze dried things you must work fast because they quickly absorb moisture in the air.) Place butter in with berried and beat for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.
For standard size cupcakes: Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes